Team Canada Wolverines Head Coach Richard Moore has named a strong side to take on the USA at Fletcher's Fields in Markham this Saturday September 17th at 3:00pm. Coach Moore had this to say as he released the squad. "We have made a few changes to the the team that played in Philadelphia. One reason is due to injuries, most notably to our Captain Stephen Conlon who suffered a broken leg in the last game. This opens the door for other players to step up and take their opportunity."
The Wolverines welcome back some key players who were not at the 1st leg in Philadelphia, including Matt Gleed who is a hard forward and Danny Tupou who had an outstanding game against Jamaica. The explosive Enoch Wamalwa earns his second cap almost one year to the day from when he earned his first cap against the USA in the 1st Colonial Cup. Moore added. "Jamie Lester, myself and all the players cant wait for Saturday to come and we are confident that Team Canada will record its first win against USA."
Leadership will have to be more of a collective effort without Conlon in the lineup, but Canada boast plenty of experience in the side, including 5 times capped Matt Wyles, Tyler Allen, and Henry Miers. Team Canada also have one player making his international debut in the match the substitute Prop Rob Autogravia.
CRL President Cory Tukeli stated "This might be the strongest lineup Team Canada has ever put out. The match will be live on CBC and I'm cautiously optimistic we can comeback and win the Colonial Cup, in front of our country, and for our country."
You can learn more about CBC's Sports Day in Canada by clicking here
Complete Canada Squad for Colonial Cup 2nd Leg Saturday September 17th, Fletcher's Fields (Markham)
1. Robin Legault (Toronto City Saints)
2. Tony Felix (York Region Reds)
3. Geoff Bylund (Toronto City Saints)
4. Christian Miller (Scarborough Centurions)
5. Danny Tupou (York Region Reds)
6. Matt Wyles (Scarborough Centurions)
7. Jamie Lester (Toronto City Saints)
8. Cam Grace (Noosa Pirates)
9. Chris Diamond (Niagara Bobcats)
10. Louis Robinson (Harlequins RL)
11.Enoch Wamalwa (Toronto City Saints)
12. Matt Gleed (Scarborough Centurions)
13. Trent Hansen (Toronto City Saints)
14. Henry Miers (York Region Reds)
15. Tyler Allen (Scarborough Centurions)
16. Rob Autogravia (York Region Reds)
17. Dale Fitzgerald (York Region Reds)