The American National Rugby League (AMNRL) is the official developer of Rugby League in America.
As a way of increasing the awareness of Rugby League programs and initiatives, the AMNRL is looking to establish State Development Officers (SDO) across the country.
These volunteer positions will play a major role in the education and development of collegiate and community Rugby League based programs.
Reporting to the Collegiate Development Manager, the State Development Officer is responsible for:
• Promoting the sport of Rugby League at the collegiate and club level
• Marketing and promotion of Rugby League clubs and involvement opportunities
• Providing updates on participation numbers and upcoming events
• Create and develop relationships between collegiate and club programs
• Develop and implement strategies to connect Rugby League programs to collegiate and community initiatives
• Assist with the coordination of clinics, educational workshops, and tournaments
• Serve as a resource for college administrators, club programs, coaches, and players
• Identify and recommend players for state and national representatives teams
• Assist with the coordination and development of state, and national representative teams
• Previous playing and/or coaching experience in Rugby League or Rugby Union
• Previous experience in the organization or development of sporting activities or programs
• Fundraising or community development expertise
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of collegiate sports
• Ability to work autonomously, initiate programs and events
• Degree in Sport Management, Coaching, Physical Education, or Recreation and Leisure fields
• Coaching certification
• CPR and First Aid certifications
Interested candidates should send a cover letter expressing your interest in the development of Rugby League in America, along with a current resume to Collegiate Development Manager Damian Flint via email email@example.com
Application deadline will close at 4pm ET on Friday, January 20th.